Fauna combines the flexibility of NoSQL with the relational querying capabilities and ACID consistency of SQL systems — with native GraphQL and delivered as a cloud API so you don’t have to worry about operations.
🛠 Fauna's Features
What can developer do with Fauna
- Combine the flexibility and familiarity of JSON documents with the relationships and querying power of a traditional relational database
- Store data as documents to write different data shapes to a collection
- Query your database using relational features like foreign keys, views, and joins
- Reduce complexity in your application code by executing business logic on your data directly in your database
User defined functions (UDFs)
- Write business logic using user-defined functions in your database with Fauna Query Language (FQL)
- Call UDFs directly in GraphQL using custom resolvers
- Reduce time to get started with built-in functions for common queries and build your own functions using UDFs
Modern security model
- Create fine-grained access controls to manage identity-based operations for your databases with ABAC
- Leverage your current identity provider (Auth0, JWT, and others) to authenticate users in Fauna
- Ensure your database is securely queried with token-based authentication
- Send clients real-time updates from your database using an open, push-based streaming solution
- Ensure authenticated access of data in streams through Fauna's attribute-based access control (ABAC)
- Eliminate any code and infrastructure built for polling with automated real-time streaming
- Get OOTB CRUD queries, mutations, and collections with our GraphQL API and call UDFs directly from GraphQL using resolvers
- Interface with Fauna directly from the CLI and visualize your usage in our dashboards
- Import GBs of JSON or CSV files to a new or existing collection from your CLI with support to define data types
- Migrate data from your existing application or upload sample data to get started with Fauna
- Upload data to Fauna with our dry run functionality to ensure your imports are successful
- Deploy your applications with confidence by integrating unit tests against Fauna with your preferred testing framework
- Develop and test Fauna locally with Fauna’s docker image
- Manage your Fauna databases and resources directly in the Serverless Framework
- Browse your Fauna databases, indexes, collections, documents, and UDFs from your VSCode IDE
💰 Fauna's Pricing
How much does Fauna cost?
Disclaimer: Last updated is 3 weeks ago.
Always refer to https://fauna.com for Fauna updates.
🪐 Compare Fauna alternative